I adore that song that played over the end credits, Storybook Love by Mark Knopfler. So sweet, romantic and pure. You can hear it on YouTube.
And because I love The Princess Bride so much, I also wrote a post about it over at Chick Wit. Be sure to check it out!
Other notable news in 1987:
- There was a stock market crash in October of 1987
- The top grossing movies for the month were Baby Boom and Like Father Like Son
- One of the top songs was the travesty by Starship, Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
- Top TV shows included The Cosby Show, The Wonder Years and Cheers
- The Minnesota Twins won the World Series
- Jim Baker and Tammy Faye fell from grace
- Oliver North took the 5th in the Iran Contra investigation
- Disposable cameras were introduced
- Stamps cost 22 cents, eggs cost 78 cents a dozen, gas 95 cents a gallon, milk 2.28 (Remember when milk cost more than gas!? Crazy)