So, without further ado, take it away Rachel!
Life....is crazy. If you are like me you feel that you are spending your life running from one thing to the next. if you are a parent to teenagers like I am, you feel that you are doing this running while refereeing, or explaining why you are NOT the dumbest person to ever walked the planet and that you actual DO know what you are talking about. With teenage daughters, I am wrong 99% of the time. The only time I'm not, is when it comes to music. They LOVE my music taste.
That is one of the reasons that I am completely enamored with the fall: hot coffee, cool nights, jeans, boots, football, and road trips. The month of October is always a busy one for us, but a month that seems like we spend a lot of time in the car together. This month we have 3 road trips planned and I wait with baited breath because those times are about the only time that everyone gets along, everyone has a good time, and we seem to see eye to eye.
So, what's on our playlist? What incites a family sing-a-long you ask?
- "Rapper's Delight" by the Sugar Hill Gang
- "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond
- "Piano Man" by Bill Joel
- "Missile" by Dorothy
- "Bad Medicine" by Bon Jovi
- "Sugar We're Goin' Down" by Fall Out Boy
- "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen
- "John Deere Green" by Joe Diffee
- "My House" by Flo Rida
- "Lip Gloss" by Lil Mama
- "Elvira" by the Oak Ridge Boys
- "Cowboy Take Me Away" by the Dixie Chicks
- "Fishin' In The Dark" by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- "Sexyback" by Justin Timberlake
- "Sentimental Journey" by Doris Day